gist: This Instructable gives you the tools you need to take climate action and pull off a Planet Riot: a Captain Planet + Pussy Riot mashup.
background: Captain Planet (the activist) is an environmental superhero from New Orleans attempting to inspire youth to take action on climate change - one of the greatest threats to human civilization in the 21st century. Inspired by the bold activism of the Russian punk rock group, Pussy Riot, and their song, "Like in a Red Prison," Captain Planet wrote a punk rock song about climate change: "Like on a Red Planet."
Here is the radio edit:
Step 1: Assemble your team!
Captain Planet and 5 Planeteers:
- spandex CP suit (google)
- 5 solid color shirts (planeteers)
- 5 planet symbols (planeteers)
- 5 rings (ring pops)
- 6 Pussy Riot beanies
- I purchased them from American Apparel
- green, brown, red, white, blue, pink
- Cut out holes on the eyes and mouth.