Car No.05 is the project aiming to make a programmed automatic driving car.
In First Stage, I assembled a smaller turning radius R/C chassis and made a relationship table between steering servo value and turning radius.
In Second Stage, I made an Excel simulation program, to which car starting point, car starting direction and target pass points were input, then from which steval and car direction were obtained as automatic driving data.
In this Third Stage, attach PC on car body top, make Tachometers and attach them to both front tires. Utilizing the steval data obtained in Second Stage, automatic driving control system (plain-vanilla version) is tested.
Test result was so-so.
Car went to 5m away and successfully came back.
I have succeeded 3 times only.
Step 1: Procurement
- Car Body Tamiya 8085258 Mini Cooper Monte Carlo 94 Finished Body
PC mounted on Car Body
- Motherboard ZOTAC IONITX-C-J
- Memory DDR2 2GB
- HDD SUPER TALENT FTM16GL25V
- Wireless LAN Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN
- Battery JTT Energizer XP8000
- Arduino Duemilanove x 3
- Arduino ProtoShield Kit DEV-07914 x 3
- Webcam Microsoft LifeCam Show RLA-00007
- Reflective Photosensor Rohm RPR-359F x 2
- Resistance 510 ohm x 2, 47K ohm x 2