Introduction: Caramel Apple Crumb Bars
Sweeten up your day with these caramel apple crumb bars! Moist crust, topped with Dulce de Leche, apples and streusel topping.
Read more on my blog - Caramel Apple Crumb Bars
Step 1: Ingredients:
2.5 oz Unsalted Butter (70g)
½ cup Granulated Sugar (100g)
1 Small Egg
½ cup Greek Yogurt (125ml)
¾ cup All-Purpose Flour (Plain Flour, 110g)
½ tsp Cinnamon
½ tsp Baking Soda
1 cup Dulce de Leche (200g)
2 Large Apples
½ stick Unsalted Butter (60g)
½ cup All-Purpose Flour (Plain Flour, 70g)
1 tbsp Granulated Sugar
Step 2: Directions:
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and rub them together until a crumb like texture is formed. Set aside.
- Wash and cut apples into quarters. Remove the seeds and any hard parts. Grate and set aside. Measure 1 cup of caramel and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat butter, add sugar and continue beating until well combined. Add egg and beat well. Add Greek yogurt and beat again. Mix in flour that has been sifted with baking soda and cinnamon.
- Pour this batter into a baking tray/oven-proof dish (10 x 7.5inch/26 x 19cm) lined with baking paper.
- Carefully spread Dulce de Leche over the batter. Top with grated apples and streusel topping.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 360°F/180°C for 1 hour or until it is baked through.
- Let it cool down completely before serving.
Step 3: Follow, Comment and Suggest
DON’T FORGET TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTRUCTABLES, OVER 200 RECIPES AND TUTORIALS! LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS, QUESTIONS, IDEAS AND SUGGESTIONS!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.