Introduction: Cardboard Ball Maze Game
Turn a cardboard box lid into a fun ball maze game. This is a fun game for the kids and a great way for them to practice their hand-eye coordination. Make the game more challenging by adding cards that match the colors on the tubes. Set up a challenge by choosing a few cards (3 for the younger children and 4 or more for the older ones). Then try to roll the ball through the colored tubes in the correct order. It’s not as easy as it looks, but the kids have a blast trying.
Step 1: What You Will Need
1) Cardboard box lid (I got mine 'free' at Staples)
2) 9 Toilet roll tubes
3) Spray paint (a different color for each tube)
4) Glue (any type that bonds paper)
5) Hard rubber ball (I got mine out of a gumball machine)
Step 2: Instructions for the Box and Tubes
1) Paint the box lid a light color like a cream or off-white
2) Paint the tubes, each a different color. NOTE: First paint the tubes white, then a color. Otherwise, it takes many coats to cover the tubes
Step 3: Instructions for the Memory Cards
1) Cut the cards out of thin cardboard. I used white-colored cardboard that I had leftover from another project. You can cut them to any size but I cut mine 3x21/2 inches.
2) Spray paint the cards the same color as the tubes. I made two of each color
Step 4: Create the Maze
1) Design your maze by placing the tubes in the box. Arrange the tubes, making sure to leave enough space for free ball travel around the maze. I used a toilet roll tube end as a guide. Since the ball is smaller then the diameter of the tube, if the end of the tube fits between spaces, so should the ball.
Use the ball as a guide
2) Then glue the tubes to the box lid
3) ENJOY ! ! !