Step 1: You will need
- Large cardboard box
- Stanley knife (or box cutter)
- Cutting mat
- Hot glue gun
- Computer & projector (or an A4/A3 printer instead)
- Template ZIP file (Cardboard-Box-Stag-Deer-Template.zip) attached
Step 2: Projecting or printing the Stag Deer template
- Cut up the box into flat pieces
- Project the template files onto a wall and trace around them with a pencil
- If printing, use masking tape to loosely stick the designs over the cardboard for cutting out the design
NOTE: if printing, make sure you keep the scaling the same size so that all the pieces are the right proportionate size. If projecting, make sure 'Actual Size' is selected in your image viewer, for the same reasons.
Step 3: Cut out the pieces
Step 4: Cut out the fitting slots
The template files use conservative estimates for the fitting slots, so you will have to offer up the pieces individually to get exactly the right fit for your size cardboard. It takes a bit of trial and error, but persist because this looks great when it's finished.