Introduction: Cardboard Champagne Coolbox
This is a champagne cardboard cooling box.
You can fill it up with water and ice to cool some champagne and other drinks.
In the box there is a LED - light system ( waterproof ) to let the water look fancy.
Step 1: What Do You Need?
- champagne cardboard box
- lid of a shoe box
- liquid rubber
- small paint brush
- paint roller
- PE - gloves
- RGB waterproof LED - strip 12 V
- transparent shrink tube, lighter
- battery ( 9 V ) and connector and switch, electrical wires
- soldering iron, solder tin
- 2 - sided tape
Step 2: Making the Box Waterproof
- Paint the box with liquid rubber on the inside with the paint roller and paint brush.
- Paint 3 layers of rubber on it.
- whait 24 h for each layer.
Step 3: Fill in the Gaps
- Take some construction silicone and fill in all the gaps and edges of the box, where water can go through.
- After this let it dry for 24 h.
Step 4: Soldering the RGB - Ledstrip
What do you need?
- shrink tube for the wires
- 3 channel switch
- battery connector
Follow the image of the electrical circuit to solder the wires on the perfect place.
With the 3 - channel switch you can choose different collors to shine.
Step 5: Making the Led Strip Waterproof
- Take the led strip and slide it through the transparent shrink tube.
- If you want to do it fast and easy, take a string attached to the end of the LED strip and pull the LED strip through the shrink tube.
- Heat up the shrink tube at the ends to seal it.
- place some strokes of 2 - sided tape on to the led strip and put it diagonal in the box.
Step 6: The Finish
- Take a lid of a shou box en lay it beneeth the box.
- Attach the circuit with superglue in the open area between the box and the edge of de lid.