Introduction: Cardboard Sci-Fi Action Playset for LEGO
Cardboard Sci-Fi Action Playset
We never have enough LEGO bricks to build the houses and structures we dream of.
So we do it with cardboard.
Time: Medium approx. 6 hours
Costs: Not measurable
- Cardboard Stripes
- Paperprints in Color
- Acrylic Paint
- Papercutter ( the next copyshop should have one )
- Cutting Knife
- Glue Gun
- Kitchen Sponge
Step 1: How to Do It
How to do it:
Make a Google Picture Search with these keywords:
- sci-fi door decals
- sci-fi floor texture
- sci-fi wall texture
- sci-fi panel texture
- sci-fi monitor texture
- Print the desired pictures
- Take the size of the floor picture and the door pictures for measuring the size of the cardboard baseplate and the height of the walls
- Cut the baseplate and stripes of cardboard for walls and interior
- If you want to have functioning doors an windows, cut them out of the wall stripes
- We did sliding doors
- Glue the walls to the baseplate
- Before we put the stickers on, we painted the whole thing.
- We mixed different blobs of grey, applied them with a sponge and smudged and blended them together
- Same with all the interior
- First build, then paint, finally attach the stickers
- We didn't glue the interior to the walls and bottom so that the playset is highly customizable
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.