Step 5: Join Body Cap to Lens
1. Fit the body cap to the target camera. Dry fit the lens on the body cap in such a way that the writing on the lens is faced up and readable. After all, you want other photographers jealous of you for using a Zeiss lens!
2. Mark the lens position with a sharpie (magic marker) on the body cap and lens so you can position it exactly for the glue up.
3. Take the body cap off the camera and position the lens with the help of the marks you did with the sharpie. Take care to make sure the lens is level...if not you will have a tilt and shift lens that will have a permanent tilt!
4. Mix up a small amount of epoxy and tack glue the lens to the body cap.
5. Once cured, flow epoxy around the lens.
6. Once cured, flow epoxy around the inside of the lens mount. This bond needs to be rock solid!