- A square wooden plate with one nice surface (for optical reasons). Should be around 15 to 20 mm thick (0.6 - 0.8 inch), the thiker the better. the measures you have to sample from the image below, the lateral length "L" has to be L = a + b + a (if you wanna take my measures it´s 1134mm)
- 4 wooden strips of hardwood (e.g. beech) for the frame, and again, the harder the better. measures are (length, width, height) 969 x 60 x 20 mm. If you don´t have very accurate tools, leave them a few cm longer.
- 4 pieces of woodenplate for the corners, if possible as thick as the frame strips, measures 110 x 110 x 20 mm.
- Transparent Paint and paint rollers for a smooth surface. Use hard paint like parquet floor paint. you will need around 4 layers ( = 4 square meters).
- Eddings, a long ruler and compass for the marks.
- Sandpaper (120, 320, 600, 1000).
- hole saw, diameter 45mm
- different tools you should find in your workshop.
-4 decorative strips as wide as the thickness of the corner plate + baseplate (40mm). length around 1200mm, thickness 10mm