In this instructable I want to show you how to build a Carrom Game. Of course there are several ways to do it, but i figured out a technique how all the parts fit well together when being assembled (if you have professional tool you may skip some steps...).
- A square wooden plate with one nice surface (for optical reasons). Should be around 15 to 20 mm thick (0.6 - 0.8 inch), the thiker the better. the measures you have to sample from the image below, the lateral length "L" has to be L = a + b + a (if you wanna take my measures it´s 1134mm)
- 4 wooden strips of hardwood (e.g. beech) for the frame, and again, the harder the better. measures are (length, width, height) 969 x 60 x 20 mm. If you don´t have very accurate tools, leave them a few cm longer.
- 4 pieces of woodenplate for the corners, if possible as thick as the frame strips, measures 110 x 110 x 20 mm.
- Transparent Paint and paint rollers for a smooth surface. Use hard paint like parquet floor paint. you will need around 4 layers ( = 4 square meters).
- Eddings, a long ruler and compass for the marks.
- Sandpaper (120, 320, 600, 1000).
- hole saw, diameter 45mm
- different tools you should find in your workshop.
-4 decorative strips as wide as the thickness of the corner plate + baseplate (40mm). length around 1200mm, thickness 10mm
Step 1: drilling the corner holes
place one corner plate in each corner and fix it with a clamp (image 2).
Now flip the whole board and fix the plates with at least three srews. Now you can remove the clamps.
Flip the board again and set markers for the corner holes 82.5mm from the edges. the blue-framed square on image 3 is the corner plate.
Drill the hole with the hole saw through both the corner plate and the base plate. You can now remove the corner plates for the following steps (hint: mark the corner plate and the corner it belongs to, it´s worth a lot!)