Introduction: Carrot Lentil Soup
This delicious vegetarian soup is great for cold weather day and a wonderful healthy meal for hungry people.
Step 1: Ingredients
To make soup for six people you need:
- 2 Tablespoons of cuming seeds
- 500g grated carrots
- 1 small chopped onion
- 400g quick cooking red lentils or prepare lentils the day before by soaking them in water
- 1 liter broth
- 1 Tablespoon chili
- salt and pepper to taste
Step 2: Cooking the Soup
- In a pan fry the cumin seeds without oil or butter, just heat them in a pan for about 2 minutes or until you can smell their flavour
- If you prefer you can also fry the chopped onion though I did not and it was equally delicious
- Next add these seeds to a large pot along with the carrots, lentils, broth, and chili
- Bring the mixture to boil and stir regularly. Once it is boiling lower heat to simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes
- Taste the soup and add salt and pepper. I added little pepper but quite some salt until I thought it was good. By quite some salt i mean about 2 tablespoons
Step 3: Blending the Soup
- Once the soup is cooked add it to a blender and blend the entire mixture. You may not be able to add all the soup to the blender so do it in stages to not make a huge mess like I did the first time...
- After the blending you can heat the soup again or serve directly with some parsley for decorating on top
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.