I think the best way to explain how this project came about is by saying a few things bumped into each other happily this happened... Firstly I have been doing a bunch of carvings recently and enjoying every second of it. Secondly a friend of mine told me about siligum and wouldn't shut up about how awesome it is for making food safe fabtastic moulds for casting assorts (she is a prop maker for TV so was actively casting puppet eyeballs with it) and i am planning to get married so I'm currently developing ideas for things like ladies favor's and wedding cakes which will blow people away with how awesome they are.
So being that I already had a few great things that I had made around to make molds of I decided to experiment.
~I bought a pretty reasonably priced pack of Silicone Moulding Paste and chocolate and set off on a bit of an experimenting adventure.
I have made moulds before but these tend to be in rubbers and algenate ect.. This was my first experience with siligum after researching it and its properties. I would defiantly recommend it as one of the easiest and quickest ways to make a mould there are.
I am lucky enough to have a few projects about the place at the moment.
If you would like to see how i made them follow these handy dandy links
I started with 300g of siligum and used about 2/3 of this amount making 3 castings