I have started learning to carve so I have a small collection of carving tools.I needed an organiser to keep them safe from falls that may damage them,this is my build!
Step 1: Cut Your 2" and 3/4" Waste Pipe to Length
- Measure your carving tools and cut your waste pipe to length accordingly
- Leave enough of each tool visible from the pipe so they are easily identified when needed for work.
- I cut my pipes using my Mitre saw,but a handsaw would work just as good.
- DO NOT forget to cut extra pieces of pipe for your future carving tool purchases!!
Step 2: Cut Osb to Size & Hot Glue Pipeing Inside
- I cut a piece of mdf into a square for the base,then made 4 side walls all from scrap osb and pine which made this a cheap project.
- The left and right sides I cut at a 20o angle for visual appeal.
- I then screwed and glued the box together.
- I roughed up the waste pipe with sandpaper and used Chestnut Blue Spirit Stain to stain the pipes and osb box Blue.
- OSB has a cool marble effect when stained & the pipes held the stain well.
- I used Rustoleum Crystal Clear spray to give the box a sealed finish.
- I then hot glued all the pipes around the inside edge of the box.
- I chose to leave an open space in the box centre to put some sandpaper and my sharpening kit.
- I also store some drill bits, screw drivers and pencils that I use the most in the box.
Step 3: I Made a YouTube Video
I made a YouTube video of the build process as you-tubing and woodworking are my favourite hobbies! Please have a look at my video & subscribe if you like it! here is the link to the Carving Tool Organiser Build;
& to see my other videos & channel look here!
I hope you all like my First Instructables!