Casa Verde is the result of a school assignment. We worked on this project with 4 students Industrial Design from the University Ghent/ Howest Kortrijk (Belgium).
We were working on different 'Urban Gardening' projects and our assignment was to make a modular greenhouse.
Although we ourselves are not gardeners, we worked in cooperation with an Urban Gardening project, providing us with vital information for the success of our product and we believe that this project could prove useful for a lot of people.
It being a school project realized in a two week span, it means this is a concept that has not been tested, so as of yet we can not guarantee this will work. It would therefore be very appreciated if someone out there would want to test this and let us all know how it worked out.
For now, let's be positive and assume this greenhouse will in fact work. We believe it would.
Casa Verde is unique in ways that it
- is very modular: One module can be used to make all kinds of shapes depending on the surface and height you need to cover.
- gives a visual added value to your garden: Unlike a lot of other DIY greenhouses, this greenhouse looks really good and you definitely will not want to hide it in the back of your garden.
- is durable: It is made out of firm plastic that holds its shape and is weather resistant.
- is stowable: The whole construction can easily be folded to take in very little space once stored in the winter months.
- is affordable: It is not the cheapest greenhouse possible to make, but seen its durability and innovation, it is very good value. For about €50 we covered almost 1,2 m².
And the best of all, you can easily make this. You don't need to be an engineer to be able to make this and almost everybody has the needed tools at home.