Introduction: Cashew Cream
This is ridiculously delicious. And made in no time! (well, you do need 3 minutes)
Whether you are a carnivore or not, everybody loves this cream. No excuse not to try this recipe!
It is actually a basic recipe in raw food cuisine. You find many variations online. Eat it just like this or pimp it to your flavor!
Step 1: You Need This
- Cashews, about 1 cup. They need to be raw - not roasted.
- Water, 1 1/2 cup
- The juice of 1/2 lime
- Pinch of salt
And get your blender ready!
Step 2: Soak the Cashews
Pour all your cashews into a bowl. Add water (about 1 cup) until all cashews are soaked.
Let it soak for 8 hours - give or take. If you are impatient as I am, than 2 hours is also fine.
After soaking, drain the cashews and rinse them.
All ready to make the cream!
Step 3: Blend, Taste and Share!
Put the soaked cashews in your blender, together with a pinch of salt, the juice of 1/2 lime and 1/4 cup of water.
If you want a thick cream, add no more water. If you want your cream a bit smoother, add some water little by little, depending on the consistency you like. I ended up adding a bit more than 1/4 of a cup of water, about 3/8 of a cup.
This cream is delicious, just like that.
But you can also add a flavor:
- Nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavor
- A sweetener, like stevia, agave, maple syrup, honey...
- Mint or other herbs
- Grated ginger
- Grated garlic
- Serve this cream as dipping sauce for an aperitif with nachos or veggies
- Perfect as a spread on your toast! Sprinkle with chives or tomato salsa or...
- A creamy side dish for fajitas and taco's
- The sweet version is great as the filling for your pie, decorated with fresh fruit
- ... do you have more serving suggestions? I would love to hear them!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.