Now that everything is up and running (my pics uploaded and "boxed")...
Here's my wallet that I've planned, designed and created.
I've had this collection of tapes sitting around for quite some time now and have been trying to figure out what to do with them. Now I've figured out what to do with a few.
Almost forgot the Warnings: Hot stuff... Do NOT touch. Fumes..... Do NOT breathe in. Sharp objects.... Have an adult help you.
Step 1: Materials needed
1. Soldering iron
2. Hot glue gun
3. Cassette tape
4. Cassette tape case
5. 1 film canister (lid too)
6. Small Screwdriver
7. Electrical wire
8. One LED lead (leg)
9. A copper BB (or a bead of solder)
11. Lamination sheet
13. Wax paper and regular paper
15. Credit/shopping cards
16. Wire cutters
In the first picture, you can see the prototype :P
Step 2: Card Holder
2. Remove all the junk from inside.
3. Use the wire cutters to remove the plastic inside (see pictures)
4. Next, we will use the soldering iron to smooth out the cut away plastic (do in well vented area)
5. Once you've completely gutted the inside, place the pieces back together (without the screws). At least 4 cards should be able to fit inside without it popping open again.
6. Use pliers to hold the tape upright and together.
7. Cut off 3 pieces of wire, each about .75" long.
8. Use the soldering iron against a nail (hold the nail with pliers) to melt holes in the top of the tape case. These holes will be the hinges.
9. Insert each piece of wire into the case and loop them into the other side.
10. Use hot glue to hold them in place.
You should now be able to open and close the tape case on its "hinges.