This whole project takes roughly 2 or so hours from start to finish, and the results are great, she has gotten a ton of compliments on the piece, and it only cost me about $3 worth of materials.
Step 1: Tools and Materials
- Plywood or solid wood- 2 pieces cut to the same size, these are going to end up being the form we cast the concrete in, mine were approx 4 1/2" x 6"
- small piece of solid strand copper wire, I used the ground wire out of a small piece of 12-2 romex about 2" long
- Kreg pocket screws or really any 1 1/4 screw ( I like the Kreg ones because they are self drilling and washer head)
- Hydraulic cement
- Mixing cups and a stirring implement- I used a couple of small solo cups and a plastic spoon
- Finish- concrete sealer or a lacquer
- Router Table
- Core Box Bit- I used a 5/16
- Dowel- same size at the core box bit, mine was a 5/16 again
- 220 and 400 grit sandpaper