Castor Oil packs have been used for a very long time for a wide range of issues. Some of these include constipation, anemia, pain, bloating, inflammation, allergies, hemorroids, clearing the skin, gall bladder and liver cleansing, improving lymphatic health, immunity, cancer, Parkinson's, migraine, parasites, abscesses, uterine fibroids and other unwanted cells.
Castor oil powerfully assists the digestive tract in improving function and motility. A optimally functioning digestive system supports the whole body in powerful ways as we know from Chinese medicine and many other ancient medicinal traditions.
Castor oil packs are very simple to make and apply.
Step 1: Materials Needed
- Castor oil (cold pressed and additive free)
- Flannel (preferaby wool)
- Plastic or old cloth to protect clothing from oil
- Hot water bottle (or heating pad if you must)
- Towel (optional)
Step 2: Soak Flannel with Castor Oil
When folded the flannel should be about 12 x 14 inches (30 x 36 cm). The cloth should be two or four thicknesses when folded. This is the size needed for abdominal application.
Pack size should be adjusted if applied to other parts of the body, such as an ankle etc.
Pour castor oil onto the cloth, place the plastic bag or sheet under the cloth so as not to get oil on surface below.
Cloth should be wet (saturated), but not dripping with oil.
Step 3: Applying the Castor oil pack
- Apply the pack to the area of the body that needs treatment.
- Place another old cloth over the pack as well as a plastic sheet or bag.
- Place a hot water bottle or heating pad over the pack. Be sure not to burn the skin.
- Wrap a towel around the person being treated and fasten in place with safety pins.
- Keep the pack in place for 60 - 90 mins.
When you remove the pack skin can be rinsed with baking soda to remove any more oil or it can be rubbed into the skin.