List of materials required is quite simple.
- Cardboard - I used about 5 sheets of 24x18 (the size of the laser cutter bed), and I made two cat scratchers - I could definitely use some more cardboard. It is best to use the thicker variety of cardboard (like TV boxes), as the cross section is more substantial - you will need fewer of these to stack up, and the cross sections look nice too!
- Wooden dowels - 2x 4ft dowels - you can get these at your hardware store - I got mine from Home Depot
- Some scrap wood for the base and to act as a ballast - I found mine at the scrap bin at TechShop
- Wood screws - 6 per Cat Scratcher - I used a total of 12 (plus a few more whose heads I ended up stripping! :-( )
- Felt pads - to stick on the bottom to protect your floor
- Laser cutter
- Drill/drill press