With the model I am going to show being built, you will need the following items: (sizes will be shown in US measurements)
" = in; ' = ft
- Approx. 2 to 3 pieces of 1" pipe (commonly comes in 10' pieces)
- 1" PVC T's = 16
- 1" PVC Elbows = 12
- Approx. 2yrds of scrap material/remnants
- Shower curtain rings = 8
- 1/4" or 3/8" dowel rods = approx. 2'
- 1" strapping material = approx 2-3' (purchase from fabric store or use from old backpack/duffel bag)
- 1" x 12" pine or sheet of thin plywood for shelf (the size of the shelf will again depend on what size you make the frame in general. I would suggest wrapping the wood material with some kind of soft fabric, as your cat will enjoy lazying around on this perch.
- Hacksaw or other tool to cut pipe
- Sandpaper (to smooth edges of pipe and I like to go down the sides and sand off printed markings)
- Sewing machine and/or thread/needle
- Drill w/ drill bits to drill holes for dowel rods
- If you prefer to make this a permanent structure, PVC Pipe Glue
- Screws (to attach wood shelf), and to hang toy from bottom of shelf
- A cat toy on a string of your choice!
- A cat or two to enjoy it!