Some weeks ago we had a Sugru Build Night at LHC (Laboratório Hacker de Campinas, a Campinas-SP hackerspace).
Well, I didn't have anything in hands that needed to be repaired, exactly. So I decided to exercise my girly side and catfy my cellphone, sticking some ears, paws and a tail to it :D
Here's what I used:
- My 2-year-old T-Mobile Galaxy S2 (SGH-t989) [you can probably use any phone of your choice]
- Red SUGRU!
- Random small objects to help shape
- My lack of skill for modelling stuff
- Bigger pockets from now on
- Clean your cellphone borders so the Sugru can stick better.
- Squeeze Sugru a little with your fingers before modelling, to make it softer
- Divide the portions in the beginning so it won't be too much or too few for any parts
Step 1: Ears
You'll need 2 small pieces (paws), 1 small strip (tail) and 2 larger pieces (ears). Shape the two larger pieces into triangles with slightly rounded borders. Squeeze the base of the triangles and stick them to the top corners of your cellphone.
Note: Be careful not to stick on the screen neither block your battery cover (so you can still remove it if you want to)