Step 1: Supplies
- Aluminum foil (about 4" off a standard roll)
- Stiff wire -- I used 10 gauge copper wire but you can use floral stems or other wire
- Needlenose Pliers
- Wire Cutters
- Polymer Clay in the color of your choice to be the "potion" -- about 1/8th of a 2oz block
- Black Polymer Clay -- about 1/4th of a 2oz block
- A thin pointy object such as the pointed end of a small craft paint brush or the point of a chopstick
- A thin, smooth rod, such as a screwdriver, to wrap the wire around when creating your card holding loop
Step 2: The Core and the Wire
Cut a 6" length of wire. Using pliers, make a rough loop in one end and then bend the wire at a 90 degree angle to the loop. This way, when the loop is laying flat on a surface, the wire is sticking straight up in the air.
Pull the straight length of wire through the hole so the loop acts as a stopper at the other end.