Introduction: Cauliflower Crust BBQ Chicken Pizza
Want pizza but hate the carbs? Do you love cauliflower? Well this is the perfect pizza for you! This anytime meal is great for those that are gluten free and/or trying to eat a healthier diet. The crust is made from freshly mashed cauliflower and topped with delicious barbecue chicken. Guilt free pizza at its finest!
Step 1: Ingredients
* 1 head fresh cauliflower
* 2 stalks green onion
* 3 cloves fresh garlic
* 1/2 cup low fat ricotta cheese
* 1 egg
* 2 small skinless chicken breasts (or precooked chicken)
* 3/4 cup BBQ sauce- divided
* 1 cup low fat mozzarella cheese
* 1 tsp. salt
* 1/4 tsp. pepper
Step 2: Prep the Crust
The awesome part about this crust is that it is easy to make and doesn't require rising.
1. Fill a large pot up with 1 cup of water and bring to a boil
2. Cut up the cauliflower in small pieces on a cutting board
3. Add to a food processor (in small batches so it doesn't overflow)
4. Pulse until very small crumbles form
5. Transfer to the boiling water
6. Cover, and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat
Step 3: Drain/Transfer/Cook
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Transfer cooked cauliflower onto a clean cloth and make sure you squeeze all the water out. Try to dry it as much as possible. It may take another towel.
3. Add cauliflower to pot and mix in egg and ricotta until combined. Add salt and pepper.
4. Transfer crust into a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper (make sure its parchment paper not foil or it will stick to the pan).
5. Shape into a circle or rectangle.
6. Cook for 40 mins on the middle rack or until golden brown.
Step 4: Prep Toppings
1. Finely chop green onions and set aside.
2. Finely chop the garlic and set aside.
Step 5: Cook the Chicken
* if you prefer to use precooked chicken then skip this step.
1. Cook the chicken until browned.
2. Shred with a fork and set aside.
Step 6: Add Toppings
1. Spread a 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce on the crust.
2. Sprinkle chicken, green onions, cheese, and garlic evenly over crust.
3. Drizzle with remaining BBQ sauce.
Step 7: Bake & Enjoy
1. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
2. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.