Here you find the instructable that inspired me: How to make Candles!
Please, post your creations to enjoy them. Thanks!
SAFETY ADVICE: This instructable uses sharp tools and involves fire. Be careful about it. If you are not sure how to use, don't continue. For kids, it is MANDATORY adult supervision and help.
- CANDLE SAFETY RULES (please, attach to your candle if you give it as present)
- DO NOT LEAVE candle unattended, or close to children.
- DO NOT PLACE on small places, in draughts or burn them near flammable material.
- BE AWARE of the surface you are placing the candle on: their containers/holders can reach high temperatures, which could scorch furniture or even melt the surface they are placed on.
- MAKE SURE the candle is properly extinguished after use. Never use water.
- DO NOT MOVE burning or just extinguished candles, specially for this kind of candles.
Step 1: Tools and materials
You will need:
1. Some old candles/wax.
2. Wick (I get this from another old candle).
3. Wax crayons.
4. Double boiler / saucepan and jar.
5. Ice (prepared before).
6. Empty brik (juice, milk or whatever).
7. Chopping knife and board.
8. Stick (not in photo, sorry).
9. Plastic bag (not in photo, sorry again).
And, of course, you will need also a cooker and some water...
Step 2: Cut up wax into pieces
Then, if needed, extract carefully the wick from an old candle.