Introduction: Ceiling Fan Video Trick
This is a simple process for those wanting to capture a circular view of an object.
Warning: The centrifugal force can be quite high at the end of a ceiling fan blade. The mount I’m using is very secure – took a while for me to remove it. However, phones/cameras are expensive so use this at your own risk.
Step 1: Materials
- Ceiling Fan
- Phone Car Mount (iOttie Easy Flex Car Mount Holder shown)
- Counter balance (clips, coins, etc.)
Step 2: Place Phone Holder / Phone on Outer Portion of One of the Blades
Step 3: Add Counter Balance to the Opposite Blades. I Used Coins and Clothes Pins.
Step 4: Process
- Set ceiling fan to lowest speed
- Turn video on
- Switch fan on and off quickly
- Repeat switching process until the proper speed is obtained
Step 5: Sample Footage
Step 6: Panoramic Version
Here is another simple idea for filming in circular motion