This instructable will show you how to make some very easy cellophane fairy / dragonfly / insect wings in less than two hours, on average. If you have a lot of crafty stuff, you might not need to make any purchases. If you need to buy supplies, I expect it will run between $10-$20.
For this Instructable, you will need:
- cellophane (I used a clear irridescent, which is why it changes colors in the photos)
- wire cutters
- plyers (preferably some with a tapered edge for shaping wire)
- floral wire (I prefer the straight stems, but you could uncoil a spool, too)
- wire hangers (one per wing segment, so a minimum of 2)
- floral tape or complementary electrical tape (I got a multi-pack from the dollar store years ago
- Iron & ironing board
- old towel
- spray adhesive
- craft knife & self-healing mat (optional, but helpful)
- cigarette lighter
- wood skewer (or incense stick)
Have you supplies ready? Great! Let's begin.