Introduction: Celtic Knot Headband From T-Shirt
Headbands have been a big thing lately and I wanted to try my hand at making some headbands of my own. I had an old t-shirt that I was getting rid of so I thought it would be a great time to try this new project.
Step 1: Supplies
You will need the following:
A T-shirt - Something you no longer use and are willing to cut up
Scissors - to cut the fabric
A sewing machine
Step 2: Cut Fabric
Start by cutting 2 long strips of Fabric
I used two pieces of fabric about 3" by 24" .
An average head is 22-23" so the majority of people can get away with this measurement. If you know your head is abnormally large or small it might be beneficial to measure your head before starting.
Remember to have extra on hand though since some of the fabric will go toward the knot
Step 3: Fold and Sew
1. Fold each piece in half along the long side (hot dog style). Make sure the wrong side of the fabric(the side you don't want to see at the end) is right sight up.
2. Sew all the way up the long side where the two ends meet.
3. When they are done you can turn the right side out. (to the side you want to see at the end)
Step 4: Tie Celtic Knot
Use both pieces of fabric to tie a celtic knot with the two pieces of fabric.
Step 5: Sew Together Ends
1. carefully pick up the fabric and bring the 4 ends together. and sew together
2. After sewing the end, cut any excess fabric away.
Step 6: Wear!
This is a great headband. I plan to wear it to the gym and whenever I need something easy to keep my hair out of my eyes.