Introduction: Centipede Inspired Necklace/Bracelet
There might be those who hesitate making/wearing jewelry inspired by "creepy crawlies". However, the wonderful aesthetics of centipedes is undeniable and this necklace is inspired by the shape of these little critters with their beautiful exoskeletons.
Step 1: Materials
Only the inspiration for the necklace is meant to be hard and prickly while the final piece needs to be comfortable to wear. This is where the rubber cord really works well!
- Rubber necklace cord (48" in length and 1/8" in thickness)
- Large seed beads (green for the "legs" and black for the spacing)
- Hot glue gun
Step 2: Gluing the Beads to the Cord
- Cut the rubber cord into 2" pieces (or any length of choice).
- Glue the accent seed beads to the ends of the cord pieces with hot glue. Use only small amounts of glue to avoid big glue blobs.
- Once all the beads are glued on, clean up the hot glue "threads" that tend to form.
Step 3: Assembling the Necklace
Using a strong needle, string the components onto the thread by alternating rubber cord pieces with black seed beads (spacing) to form a long (26") necklace (or super cool bracelet). Tie up the ends once assembled and enjoy.
Step 4: Finished Necklace
I love the modern and stark vibe of this necklace and like the abstract reference to centipedes.
This was a quick and fun project to work on between shoveling the snow of this last storm and while dreaming of spring (thus the spring green seed beads)!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.