This is my second chain oiler, the 2.0 version. Chain oilers are used to lubricate mechanical pieces automatically, so I made one for my own bike. It has several advantages.
• Longer life of the chain.
• Constant lubrication, ideal for rain days.
• And the possibility of use a lighter oil, like SAE 5 or 10, ideal for dusty roads.
Step 1: Materials
You will need:
• Aluminum tube, of 22mm (7/8”) dia. 15cm (6”) long.
• A “Polper B12” vitamin flask.
• One silicon tube, like those used by doctors for serum.
• A cork.
• A needle 48/18, it’s the biggest I found, has 1mm dia.
• A piece of rubber or Styrofoam.