Introduction: Chalk Hanger
This is a rather cute little craft that the my kids' aunt brought to them as gifts, so I wanted to share.
What you need:
• Thick thread and needle
• Black duck tape
• Black chalkboard spray paint
• Thick black string
• And some chalk
1. Cut the cardboard to whatever length and width you want. If it's a bracelet, probably more narrow.
2. Tape a solid piece of the duct tape around the cardboard on both sides.
If you don't have a thick needle with a big enough opening for the thick string available, go to step 5a before continuing on to step 3.
3. Tape over the edges however thick you'd like.
4. Thread your needle and sew the edges of the entire hanger.
5. If you have a thick enough needle for the string, and thread two loops of the string so it can hang.
5a. If you don't have a thick enough needle, cut little holes, or use a knife to poke holes, to be able to pass the string for the hanging loop on one end. (Proceed back to Step 3.)
6. Spray both sides, or only one side, of the hanger with the chalkboard paint. Let dry. You can also primer it if you want.
7. Write with some chalk and hang up wherever you'd like.
I don't have an image of the hanger actually hanging, but the eldest daughter has "Soccer Star" written on hers and hanging on her wall. Maybe I'll add that after the fact....
Miscelleana Rhinehart enjoys the random little crafts that come to her home, and she doesn't mind adding her input about Long Island used cars.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.