Step 1: Go Get Stuff
- 3' x 5' x 3/4" board
- (x2) 3' sections of 1x2
- Wood or craft glue
- Some sort of large weight
- Chalkboard paint
- (x2) black Ikea trestle
- Brushes, rollers, trays and drop clothes
- (x2) 6' aluminum extrusions (mcmaster.com PN#8427A67)
- Power drill and 1/4 and 5/32 drill bits
- (x12) Wood screws and screw driver
- Chalkboard chalk
- (optional) Chalkboard eraser
Step 2: Glue
Place a board over top the two bars, weight them down and let the glue dry.
Step 3: Paint
Place a second coat and let dry again.
It should look pretty good at this point.
(tip: to save the roller while the table dries, cover it in saran wrap to keep the paint on it from drying.)
Step 4: Prepare Chalk Holders
Measure an inch in from each edge of the aluminum extrusion and make a mark. Next make marks at one foot intervals between each of these two holes.
Drill 1/4" holes a foot apart.
Step 5: Fasten Chalk Holders
Once you have drilled all the pilot holes, attach the piece of aluminum with your screws.