I had switched from Vista to Xp because its so much faster.
This Instructable will explain the process of changing Windows Vista and making it look like Windows XP. This covers changing the log-in screen, the computers theme, changing the mouse cursor style, and customizing other little features. Let me know if I miss something and comment, as this is my first instructable.
Step 2: The Theme
1. Download and Install VistaGlazz.
2. Launch VistaGlazz and choose the first option, patch system files.
3. Reboot your computer at the prompt.
4.Download the Luna(XP) theme from deviantART user =Satukoro
5. Copy/Extract the Luna Blue Folder to C:\Windows\Resources\Themes
6. Right-click on the desktop and choose personalize.
7. Select Windows Color and Apperance.
8. Choose Luna -Blue and select apply.
You now should have a similar desktop to the one in the second picture. The first picture shows the desktop before applying the theme.
Step 3: Login Screen
1. Download and Install LogonStudio Vista.
2. Download and save the attached file called Windows XP.logonvista
3. Open LogonStudio. Choose load and find the windows xp.logonvista file.
4. Press the apply button. It will lock the computer to show you the new backround.
This is a Windows Xp background that I modified to fit the Windows Vista logon screen.
Step 4: Mouse Cursor
1. Right-click the desktop and choose Personalize.
2. Click Mouse Pointers.
3. Choose "None" from the menu.
4. Click Apply.