Introduction: Chapatti With Fenugreek Leaves
Chapatti is an unleavened flatbread made with wheat flour cooked over a disk shaped frying pan known as Tawa. Here, I have added chopped Fenugreek leaves to the dough for making chapattis.
Fenugreek leaves are very nutritious and contains lot of minerals. But due to its somewhat bitter taste, many people do not like the plainly cooked leaves. Adding fenugreek leaves with chapattis add taste to the chapattis as well hide the bitter taste.
Please go through the recipe in the subsequent steps.
Step 1: Main Ingredients
- One cup of fresh Fenugreek leaves
- One cup of wheat flour
Step 2: Make Dough
- Take required amount of water in a bowl and mix salt to taste
- Add the salt water to the wheat flour in small quantities
- Knead with hand and make dough to the required consistency
Step 3: Add Chopped Fenugreek Leaves
- Finely chop the fenugreek leaves and add to the already prepared dough
- Mix the chopped fenugreek leaves with the dough evenly
Step 4: Make Chapattis
- Dust the rolling board lightly with flour
- Take a small ball sized piece of dough mixed with fenugreek leaves
- Roll with the rolling pin to make a round flat shape
- Preheat Tawa for a minute over medium flame and place the rolled dough on it
- Lightly spread oil over the top side with a spoon
- Immediately flip over the chapatti on the tawa and apply oil on other side also
- Oil is required on both sides for the fenugreek leaves to cook properly. Without oil the leaves may burn and taste bad
Step 5: Finish and Serve
- Flip over the chapatti on the tawa frequently so that the under side will not get burned
- When both sides are cooked properly, remove from tawa
Serve hot with tomato chutney, coconut chutney or stew as breakfast.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.