This originally started from obsession with mountain dew. 2 Liters are cheap, but they cause
attention in school. Sometimes Unwanted... and thats why i created this extended straw w/ valve.
At times this can be low-key, but then again your sipping from a giant straw in class. Whatever you
thought about it is in the public, it is still a great alternative then buying an expensive Camelback.
Total cost <$20. Can use carbonation as propellant for the liquid for ultimate lazyness! enjoy ! First Instructable.
Step 1: Buy the Parts
#5 O-rings #96722
PL-3011 (quick connect straight valve)
A-197A (I.D. Barb to FIP adapter)
A-22 ( Compression connector)
SPEB50 -1/4" tubing polyethylene (you dont have to buy 50 ft!)
SPGE15- 3/8" Tubing Polyethylene (this is the lowest amount i could find)
2Liter Soda or any drink with a sturdy cap
Stuff you will need -
drill bit 3/8"
Step 2: Preparing the Parts and Cap Preperation
1. drill hole in cap
2. place O-ring on bottem thread of compression part (confused? refer to pricture)
3. take of the compression bits off of the threading (picture moment)
4. Tighten with wrench
5. Flip Cap over and place O-ring over threading
6. Screw on the barb
7.tighten both sides together with Two wrenches! (very important to get it tight)
8. The cap is Done
Step 3: Preparing Tubing and Joining With Cap.
Pictures should be in order of the steps
1. Measure out amount of larger tubing (this goes inside the bottle) see picture
2. slide the large tubing over the Barb (barb is the on the inside of the cap)
3. Cut desired amount of smaller tubing
4. Take compression part (previously removed from Cap part)
5. take apart the narrow part
6. Slide narrow part into the smaller tubing with flared part outside, PUSH in fully
7. Slide other part of compression part onto the other end of the tubing (cavity with threading in first)
8. Push fully over till you over the end of the narrow bit within the tubing
9. screw on smaller tubing fixture onto the other end of the cap.
10. Tighten the compression bit and cap TIGHTLY
11. Screw on to bottle
12. Done with Main Assembly
Step 4: Attaching Valve and Mouth Peice
1.take the end of the valve and insert the other end of the smaller tubing into it
2. cut a small piece of smaller tubing and place on other side of valve ( mouth peice)