Introduction: Cheap Playstation 4 Wall Mount
I needed to wall mount my PlayStation to stop my 7 month old trying to pull it down whenever he could and looked for a simple wall mount on line and the majority of Wall mounts being over engineered and costing up and over of £40. There was also a lack of choice so I thought I would just make one myself. It came in just over £5.
Step 1: Tools and Materials
30 minutes at most.
Drill (hammer drill if brick or concrete wall)
5mm Drill Bit
75 mm Corner Brace x 4
Sheet of Self Adhesive Furniture Felt
If Concrete/Brick work; 5 x 20 mm wall plug with screw to match x 8
If Plaster Board; Plasterboard anchor and screw to match
Step 2: Method
- The PlayStation is 53 mm in depth so bend your Corner brace with around 58-60 mm space.
- Once you've bent all 4 braces you can cut lengths of felt and line the brace as pictured above.
- using a spirit level mark and drill the bottom sets of holes for the braces that will be holding the PlayStation.
- Mount the bottom braces and ensure they are level so that the top braces will be easier to measure and drill.
- Measure to ensure you have a snug fit to the top of the PlayStation and drill the next set of holes.
- mount the top braces and slide the PlayStation 4 in.
- If the PlayStation seems a little loose you could add pressure to the top braces and remount them thus gripping the PlayStation.
Please note; I know this isn't the most ascetically pleasing wall mount and this could be improved with heat shrink but I prefer function over ascetics.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.