This instructable is trivial, but that's where the beauty lies. Using cheap and readily available filter step-up adaptors and UV filters you can fit solar filters to your equipment.
- Protects film from accidental scratches.
- Wind protection to stop creases.
- Holds filter flat and close to lens to stop internal light reflections that can create image artifacts.
- Looks clean and professional.
- Made using cheap and readily available parts.
- Securely holds filters to reduce risk of them slipping and exposing your eyes to magnified UV.
Important safety feature when using with telescopes or binoculars!
This technique can also be used for colored gels!