Introduction: Cheap Wall Hangings
Inexpensive wall decor that will be easy to put together, fun to do, and take up a lot of space on a wall.
Step 1: Materials
Duble stick tape
1. Take the posterboard and draw a bunch of squares/rectagles. Make them all different shapes and sizes. Cut the shapes out as clean as possible using scissors and a craft knife.
Step 2: Next:
2. Gather your material. All you need is scraps of interesting pieces that are colorful and have textures. 3. Once you have cut out all of your shapes lay your material with the shapes.
Step 3: Cutting
4. Cut your material to the size of your posterboard. There should be about 1 inch or more out the outside so that you can wrap it up over the edges and secure the exess fabric.
5. Next, you will want to iron the fabric so that there aren't any creases in the display.
Step 4: Wrapping
6. Next you will want to wrap your material around the posterboard securing it with double stick tape. Wrap it up like a present and cut off excess fabric.
Step 5: Your Almost Done!
This is what your pieces should look like from the front (obviously)
6. Next you are going to arrange the pieces to get a feel for what it will look like on the wall.
7. Take packaging tape (or whatever you are most comfortable with usnig to adhering on your wall) and role it up- place it on the back and arange it onto your wall.
Step 6: You Are Finished!
This is what mine looked like when I was done.
For an alternative idea you can attach buttons and pins to the pieces. Mine looks pretty neat and I now have a place to display my buttons. When I want to wear one I can pick it off and then attach it at the end of the day.
Wastes up a good part of your wall without having to paint!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.