Watch the video and then build your own!
WARNING: This kind of laser can cause permanent damage to eyesight in less than a second. NEVER look into the beam or reflection of ANY laser including this one
Step 1: What You Need
2. Blue Laser diode and mini-housing
3. Mini-driver circuit
4. (2) 1.5V button cell batteries
5. Mini Momentary switch
6. (1) 4 to 4.3 ohm resistor
7. (2) small magnets
8. Assorted wire
Step 2: Tools and other required items.
2. Needle nose pliers, small screwdrivers, snips, X-acto knife.
3. A small pin or paper clip
4. Soldering iron and solder
5. Heatshrink tubing
6. Small drill bits
Step 3: Prepare the lighter
1. Remove the flint wheel by prying it out at the edges. DO NOT BREAK THE BRACKETS. Once you release it a spring and flint (and other small stuff) will pop out and fly across the room. Go get them. Keep the flint wheel.
2. Remove the shiny shield by prying it out at the edges. DO NOT BREAK THE BRACKETS. Keep it.
3. Flip the lighter over and take it to a safe place. Putting on safety glasses never hurts. Stick a small pin or paper clip in the hole and it should contact the metal valve in the base of the lighter. Gently tap it with something to release the butane. You may need to tip it over to make sure all the butane is gone. You should hear something small rattling inside. That's the valve.
4. Remove the red button that releases the butane. Keep it.