In my quest to cook new things successfully, scalloped potatoes was one of the first things I wanted to try.
I read several recipes and took a bit from each one as far as technique goes. The flavors I came up with myself, and really, they couldn't be tastier. :D
(Sorry the food photography is a bit lacking in this one - I finished very late at night. Bad lighting, ahoy!)
Step 1: Ingredients!
These are best guesses. I really only measured the cream!
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chives, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 medium russet potatoes
- a few cloves of garlic
- butter for coating the dish
- salt and pepper
- small saucepan
- mandoline or sharp knife
- large bowl full of water to keep potatoes from browning
- small oven safe baking dish