Step 1: Things You Will Need
6 sticks of string cheese or a small block of your favorite cheese ( I used pepper-jack)
6 strips of (Turkey) bacon
2 pounds raw hamburger Meat
4 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
4 TBSP Barbeque sauce (plus a little more for basting at the end.)
2 TBSP crushed garlic (or 1 TBSP garlic powder)
2 tsp black pepper
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp salt
1 package of french rolls or large hotdog buns (as you can see in the pic, small buns
might be to small for your liking).
Your favorite burger condiments
Step 2: Seasoning the Hamburger
2. Place Worcestershire Sauce, Barbeque sauce, black pepper, garlic, onion powder, & salt in hollow area of hamburger.
3. Mix with (clean) hands until everything is thoroughly blended.
Step 3: Wrapping the Cheese
2. wrap bacon around cheese until cheese is completely covered.
3. Repeat process until you have six bacon rolled cheese sticks
Step 4: Rollin' the Dogs
2. Place 1/6 of hamburger meat in the center of the plastic wrap and smash it down a little.
3. Place a second piece of plastic wrap on top of the hamburger and use a rolling pin (or your hands) to flatten the patty to 1/2 inch thick and about 6 inches by 6 inches wide
4. Gently remove plastic from the top.
5. Place 1 bacon wrapped cheese stick onto the upper middle area of the hamburger .
6. Carefully pull plastic wrap toward you so the hamburger tightly and completely wraps around the cheese stick.
7. Gently press all sides of the rolled hamburger together until the bacon & cheese are fully sealed within. Make sure that it is sealed completely or your cheese will melt out while cooking.
8.repeat until all 6 dogs are wrapped
9. Place in refrigerator for about 30 minutes before cooking. this will help to keep the Dogs solid while cooking. I usually do this while starting the grill.
Step 5: It's Cookin' Time!
2. cook each side thoroughly. As one side finishes, roll dog over 1/4 the way at a time.
3. when all 4 "sides" have been cooked, baste the tops of the dogs with BBQ Sauce, then immediately flip dog over and baste the other side.
4. Cook for about 1 minute or so, flip again and cook for another minute or so.
5. Serve in a bun with your favorite burger toppings
*For a different twist of this idea, check out my Hawaiian Style Burger Dogs Recipe!!
*Add sauteed onions or Fried onion sticks in between the bacon wrapped cheese sticks before you roll them all up.
*Cook in the oven with a little sauce, like a mini meatloaf.
* Make you own "stuffing" with your own favorite ingredients, The possibilities are endless!!!