Introduction: Cheese and Crackers With Roasted Bell Pepper Marmalade
The other day, our local grocery store was selling fresh organic mini peppers. My friend and I bought a big lot and I made a few recipes. But some more were left out and so thought of making the roasted pepper marmalade. Its so easy to make and so yummy. I am sure you and your kids will love it. Hope you like it.
Step 1: Ingredients
Ingredients for making Marmalade:
- Red Bell Pepper - 2 Big Size or 15-20 mini peppers. I used the mini peppers.
- Apple - 1 big size
- Sugar - 1/4 Cup
- Honey - 1 Cup (Adjust as per sweetness requirement)
- Lemon Zest - from 1 medium size lemon
- Lemon Juice - 4 Tsp
- Black Pepper Powder - 1/2 Tsp
Ingredients for the snack:
- Homemade Roasted Pepper Marmalade
- Crackers (of your choice)
- Assorted Cheese (of your choice)
Step 2: Make the Marmalade and Serve Snack
- Roast the peppers in oven.
- Preheat oven to 450 degree F.
- Line the peppers on a greased oven safe vessel.Bake for 10mins on each side.
- Remove from oven and let it cool.
- Wash the apple and grate it.
- Add lemon juice and mix so apples don't discolor.
- Remove the skin of the roasted peppers.
- Chop half of them into tiny pieces and blend the rest to a fine paste.
- Heat a pan containing sugar and honey.
- When it starts bubbling, add the grated apple, chopped and blended peppers and mix well.
- Let it cook for about 10mins.
- Add the lemon zest and black pepper powder and cook till its nicely done.
- Taste it and add more honey if required.
- Turn off the stove and allow it to cool down completely before adding it to the pie crust.
- The Roasted Bell Pepper Marmalade is ready.
- You could serve this marmalade along with crackers and cheese for a yummy snack.
- You could use this marmalade with bread or chips etc as well.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.