Introduction: Cheeseburger Macaroni Casserole
Yum! Cheeseburgers are awesome and so is macaroni, so, of course, together they are spectacular. This awesome recipe is great for the holidays or any family gathering! It is really easy to whip together too!
Step 1: Ingredients
- Approx. 1lb Ground Beef (I used a package of 1.41 lbs)
- 1 Small onion (I used about 10 Tbsp. of chopped onion)
- 1 or 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1/2 of a Large Green Pepper (or all if you want)
- 12 oz of Elbow Maccaroni (I used 3/4 of a 16 oz box just because I ran out of room in my dish, like the rest, use how much you want/can fit)
- 1 12 oz can of Tomato Sauce
- 1 14.5 oz can of Tomato Pieces
- 8 oz of Shredded Cheddar Cheese (This is how much I had on hand, I would have used more if I had it.)
- 1/4 c. Chopped Dill Pickle
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
Step 2: Preparing
Cut up your pepper, onion and garlic. Saute vegetables in oil.
Add in your ground beef and fry until cooked all the way through. If you are going to want to drain the fat, you can cook vegies and beef separately or just drain everything off after the mixture is cooked. Mine looked fine, so I left everything in.
At the same time, boil your noodles.
Step 3: Combine!
Okay, here is my order of operations (don't want to read? Follow the pictures):
- Take an empty pan
- Put in Meat and Veggie mixture
- Mix in Pickles
- Mix in Tomato Sauce
- Mix in Tomato Pieces
- Mix in Dijon Mustard
- Stir in Noodles
- (if you so desire) mix in some of the cheese, maybe 1/4 of your package
- Top with cheese
Bake at 350 Degrees for 20 or so minutes. Everything is cooked, so just go how long you want making sure not to burn the cheese.