Step 1: Prep
- Once they're ready, place a whole, unbroken "Oreo" in the bottom of each one. Smash a few extras to put in the batter too!
- take cream cheese that's room temperature &beat with an electric mixer until smooth
- slowly beat in the sugar, and vanilla
-crack the eggs into a separate bowl and lightly beat them together, add slowly into the cream cheese mixture, beating them in fully
-scrape the sides of the bowl as needed
-beat in the sour cream and salt
-smash the rest of the Oreos and stir them into the batter by hand
Step 2: Recipe
42 Oreos, or similar cream-filled sandwich cookies; 30 whole and 12 coarsely chopped
2 lbs cream cheese; room temperature
1 C sugar
1 tsp vanilla
4 large eggs; room temp/ lightly beaten
1 C sour cream
Pinch of salt
* Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Line standard muffin tins with silicone liners. Place one cookie in the bottom of each cup.
* With an electric mixer beat cream cheese until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl & gradually beat in sugar and vanilla.
* Add eggs, sour cream and salt & chopped cookies
*Divide batter evenly among cookie-lined cups; filling each almost to the top.
*Bake, rotating pan halfway through, about 22 minutes.
* Refrigerate at least 4 hours (up to overnight) before serving.