Introduction: Cheesy Beer Bread
This deliciously cheesy bread is quick and easy to make. With no waiting for it to rise, this recipe is a winner! The beer adds a nice tang to the bread without being overpowering. This bread takes less than ten minutes to prepare and can be customized to your taste. This recipe is just the bare minimum, feel free to add jalapeños, bacon, green onions, honey, whatever you want!
Let's get started!
Step 1: Gather Ingredients
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (add more if you like)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 12 oz. of beer (one bottle)
- Pam or other non-stick cooking spray
Remember that this recipe is just the bare minimum. You can add some garlic salt, honey, butter, anything really! Feel free to get creative.
Step 2: Making the Dough
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Add all of your ingredients into a bowl except for the beer and non-stick cooking spray. Mix all the ingredients until everything is combined.
3. Open the bottle of beer and pour it into the mixture. Stir well until you get a very sticky dough. I found that using my hands for this part was much easier than mixing it with a spoon. You could also use an electric mixer with a dough hook if you'd like. If your dough is unmanageable you can add another 2oz of beer.
Step 3: Baking
1. Spray a loaf pan (I got mine from the dollar store) with your non-stick cooking spray and they spoon in the dough. Using the back of a spoon, try and smooth the top down.
2. Place it in the oven for about 55 minutes. You can tell when it's done if the top has risen and a toothpick stuck in it will come out clean.
Step 4: Cooling Off
1. Place the bread somewhere to cool down in the pan for 15 minutes. A cooling rack would work well but I just used my burner.
2. Gently take the bread out of the pan and eat it!
Step 5: Enjoy
Enjoy your cheesy and delicious beer bread. This bread tastes best when still warm and with a pat of butter. If you enjoyed this Instructable please take a second out of your day to vote for me in Bricobart's Beer Contest. It would mean the world to me!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.