My mom likes it when I make this snack, because it is very healthy!
Step 1: Ingredients for Dip
1 can (19 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, divided
1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1 green onion, chopped
1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
Step 2: Instructions for Dip
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a small food processor, place chickpeas, 1 cup cheese, cream cheese, and sour cream. Puree until smooth.
3. Stir in green onions. (Don't puree them in, unless you want a green dip!)
4. Spread into small baking dish.
5. Bake about 20 minutes.
6. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and diced tomatoes.
Step 3: Ingredients for Crackers
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup water
1/4 tsp vanilla
Step 4: Instructions for Crackers
1. Cut butter into dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
2. Add water and vanilla; stir to make a smooth dough.
3. Divide into six parts; keep the parts covered until ready to roll each one.
4. Pat one part into a flat rectangle. Put through pasta roller, starting with thickness #1 and ending with #4.
5. Cut into squares. Place on parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
6. Bake 7-10 minutes until golden, depending on size of squares.