This recipe was created by a family friend, a busy professional, taking gourmet classes in the evening. The homework assignment:
Create a recipe that uses off-the-shelf ingredients, straight from the packaging.And here it is, a recipe that uses ingredients straight from the package with almost no preparation. Resulting in a "kit - soup" that will take ~4 minutes of prep time and serve 4-6.
Perfect for busy, hungry people!
Step 1: Ingredients
- (3 tbsp) Olive Oil
- (1 tbsp) Chopped Garlic
- 50 fl-oz. can of Chicken Broth (~8 cups)
- 15 fl-oz. can of Chopped Stew Tomatoes ( ~21/2 cups)
- 10 oz. package of Chopped Frozen Spinach (~2 cups)
- (1 tsp) Basil
- 8 oz. package of Dry Cheese Tortellini (~11/2 cups)
- (1/4 cup) Grated Parmesan Cheese
Ingredients #'s 1,2,6 and 8 are only sold in units larger than necessary.