The idea behind this lamp is two of my favorite flowers basically combined
I made the flower look like the shape of a Cherry Blossom and then had as many petals as a lotus flower does.
The idea behind the box though, is basically the Lotus sitting on a lily pad.
The changing light helps reflect many different types of flower, all of different colors.
Step 1: Tools + Materials
1. Plastic Acrylic Defuser (for the box)
2. Plexi Glass (for the flower petals
4. Light Bulb Kit
5. Any type of light bulb (in this case, a LED color changing one)
6. 36 inch wood, 1/4 inch thick
7. Silver metallic Spray Paint
8. Hot glue gun
10. Scissor-Style Plastic Pipe & Tubing Cutter
Step 2: Tracing and Sizes
1. The squares for the box are 5 by 5 inches.
2. Draw on the plastic defuser, 6 squares with that size
3. Next, Draw on the plexi glass, 6 circles with the diameter of 3 inches
4. Then draw a triangle 3 inches tall starting from the side of the circle at any angle you want it
5. Do the same with the smaller petals, but one inch smaller and only 4 of them
6. The wood needs to be 5 inches long to attach to the squares to make the box
Step 3: Cutting and Spraying
1. Use an Exacto Knife to cut out the squares on the flat side of the pastic.
2. Use a dremel to cut out the flower petals.
3. Use the Scissor-Style Plastic Pipe & Tubing Cutter to cut the wood. You will need to cut 12 pieces of 5 in tall wood.
4. Pick out one square to be the top of the box, and cut a circle in the center to match the light bulb kit.
5. After the squares are cut out, spray the rough side with the paint.
Step 4: Glueing
1. Use the wood to make a cube to act as a wooden frame for the box
2a. Leave one side of the box unglued
2b. Use the hot glue gun to glue the wood pieces together
3. Then use it to glue the plastic onto the wood, making sure that the side u spray painted is facing outwards
4. place the big flower petals around the hole, preferably an inch away, put it at an angle facing outwards before you glue
5. Roll a piece of foil into a line
6. glue the flower petals and then glue the foil around it to keep it up
7. you may need to roll a ball of foil and place it behind the petal to keep it up
8. Do that to all 6 petals
9. For the smaller petals, put it on top of the big petals (but closer to the hole) to where it leans on it and glue it
10. Place the light bulb kit inside the box and glue the round part in the circle to keep it up
11. Then glue that side of the square on (making sure that there is a side for the wire to come out from)
Step 5: Finishing Touches
1. Screw the bulb into the kit
2. Plug it in to make sure it works
3. Make sure everything is on properly and then you have a working lamp.