Introduction: Chewy Chocolate Chip and Walnut Cookies
Me and my family loves Mrs. Fields chocolate chip cookies but they are so expensive, while the ones you'll find in the supermarket are crunchy and way too sweet. After a lot of trial and error, these cookies are comparable to Mrs Fields, and they are packed with chocolate chips and walnuts. I hope you'll give this recipe a go and you won't go back to store bought cookies.
Step 1: Ingredients
- 200 grams plain flour
- 80 grams white sugar
- 80 grams brown sugar
- 100 grams unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chocolate chips ( Mine has a 50:50 mix of milk and dark choco-chip)
Step 2: Cookie Dough
- Using a mixer, cream the butter until light and fluffy. Then add in the white and brown sugar and mix.
- Add in the egg a little at a time to the mixture to avoid separating the sugar and butter mixture. After whisking the egg in, the mixture becomes lighter in color.
Step 3: Cookie Dough
- Sift in the plain flour and mix well with a spatula. It may look like you have too much flour but just keep on mixing and it will come together.
- Add in the walnuts and chocolate chips and mix well.
Step 4: Bake
- Place half a tablespoon of the mixture to a parchment covered oven tray.
- Bake at 150 degrees celsius for 7 to 8 minutes. (I'm using a convection oven). You know it's done when the edges turn to a brown color.
- After they are baked they are super soft so use a spatula and place them on a wire rack to cool. They will harden up when they reach to a room temperature. Enjoy!