These cookies are the perfect treat for the coconut lover. They have coconut and coconut milk in the dough, and then rolled in coconut. These super chewy cookies are buttery and fun to make.
You will need the following ingredients:
-2 sticks of unsalted butter, softened
-1 1/2 cups sugar
-5 Tablespoons coconut milk (not light)
-2 1/2 cups flour
-1 1/2teaspoons baking soda
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1 teaspoon vanilla
-2 eggs, lightly stirred
-2 cups flaked sweetened coconut to roll the cookies in
Step 1: Starting the Dough
1. Combine the 2 sticks of unsalted butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar, and the 5 tablespoons of coconut milk in the bowl of an electric mixer. Mix them together on low for a minute and then increase the speed of the mixer to medium for another three minutes until the butter and sugar mixture is light and fluffy.
2. Add the 2 eggs slowly, allowing them to incorporate as you go.
3. Stop the mixer and thoroughly scrape the bowl of the mixer. Add the 1 teaspoon of vanilla and beat, again on medium, to combine.
Step 2: Dry Ingredients for the Dough
2. Add the dry ingredients to the batter in three additions.
Step 3: Adding the Coconut
Step 4: Allow Dough to Set
Step 5: Prepping for Baking
2. Line baking or cookie sheet(s) with parchment paper.
Step 6: Making the Cookie
2. Roll each ball in the coconut and pat the coconut into the ball a little making sure to cover completely.
Step 7: Bake Cookies
Make sure to check on them toward the end as not to burn the coconut.
Step 8: Finishing Up
When they have cooled, plate and enjoy.