Step 1: Ingredients
To make this chicken biryani dish, you'll need (For a dish of 4-5):
1) Rice (basmati rice or pilau rice), - 1.5 cup,
2) Chicken - 500 grams,
3) Onion - 2, large size,
4) Tomato - 2, medium size,
5) Ginger paste and garlic paste - (1 tsp, each),
6) Spice powder (turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder) - 1 tsp each,
7) Garam masala- half tsp,
8) Yogurt - half cup,
9) Milk or coconut milk- half cup,
10) Cardamom, cinnamon and bay leaf - (2 pieces each),
11) Salt (to taste),
12) Soybean oil - 4 tbsp.
(The dish I cooked was for 10, but the ible (recipe) I wrote is to serve 4-5 persons)
Step 2: Prepare all the ingrediants
*Take a bowl and soak the rice in water, while you prepare the rest.
*Cut the tomatoes into small cubes,
*Slice the onions length wise,
*Prepare garlic and ginger paste,
*Cut the chicken into small pieces (as many pieces as you want) and mix it with yogurt.
Step 3: Cook the chicken
Add cinnamon, cardamom and bay leaf to the oil,
After 1-2 minutes, add the sliced onions, (stir frequently for 3-4 minutes, don't let the onions turn brown),
Now, add the chopped tomatoes, garlic-ginger paste and salt,
Finally add the yogurt mixed chicken, spices and mix them very well.
*Wait until the chicken changes color into light brown (this will take around 5-6 minutes).