Introduction: Chicken Braided Pie
Stuffed chicken inside the braided pie. I made it like Fish Shape. My Family liked this Lot and I bet you all will like it lot.
Step 1: Ingredients
For Making Dough
2 Cups of All Purpose Flour
1 tbsp of active dry yeast
1 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of sugar
1 egg ( divided for dough and brushing)
1/4 cup Milk
2 tbsp of Butter
4 tbsp of oil
For Making Chicken Filling
1.5 lb Minced chicken
1 Medium onion, diced
1 tbsp oil
1 tomato diced
4 Garlic cloves, chopped finely
1 inch Ginger, chopped
3 Green chillies, chopped
1 tbsp Garam masala or Chicken Masala
i tsp of salt
1/2 tbsp Fresh ground pepper
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
Step 2: Method of Making Dough
1. Take a mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients and mix well.
2. Add milk,butter, egg and oil. combine all and mix until to form like a soft ball.
3. Cover with plastic wrap and let it rest for 1 hour.
Step 3: Method of Making Chicken Filling
1. Heat a tbsp of oil in pan, add ginger and garlic, sauté for 1 minutes.
2. Add onion in it, sauté until translucent.
3. Add Tomato and sauté until it turn soft.
4. Add Chicken, chillies,salt and pepper, cook for 15 minutes over medium flame.
5. Finally add cilantro and give a stir. Switch off the flame and Keep it aside.
Step 4: Roll the Dough
1. Flour the rolling surface
2. Roll the dough to oval shape and trim the uneven edges with scissor.
3. Put the filling in the centre.
Step 5: Braiding
1. Preheat oven to 200 C.
2. With a sharp knife, cut the dough at an angle ( Each slit an equal distance from prior one). Repeat the same on the other side.
3. Take one strip and lay it across the filling.Take the one facing from other side and lay it across the filling ( Overlap eachother).
4. Do it for the remaining strips ( left to right and Right to left)
5. when reached the bottom, just tuck in neatly (like fish face, place Pepper corn to make eye of the fish). Leave the top like fish tail.
6. Brush the braid using egg and bake for 30 to 45 minutes.
Step 6: Braided Chicken Pie Is Ready
Chicken Braided Pie is ready!!!!!!!!!!!!
Slice it and Serve :)
Second Prize in the
Pi Day Pie Contest